- It is widely used as antiseptic in India not only on cuts and scrapes but also on burns.
- It is used in facials by women to give the skin a lighter look and also in treatments of acne and blemishes. Vicco Turmeric Cream is a widely used product by most Indians. Following link will tell you more about this product- http://www.viccolabs.com/tur.php This product is available in most Indian stores and by the way I am not affiliated with Vicco labs whatsoever.
- Studies have also shown the cholesterol lowering properties of turmeric in both rats and rabbits.
- Turmeric has also been shown as an anti-tumor agent.
- Recent studies have also shed light on curcumin's beneficial role in Alzheimer's disease.
- Curcumin has also been shown to suppress HIV gene expression.
There is more and more research coming out which shows that a bit of turmeric a day will help improve your life and keep the doctor away.
Before, you go and eat your curry thou, remember to be careful and not drop it on your clothes as it is very difficult to get the stain out. If you do have an accident, don't panic, wipe it as much as possible with water and wash it by hand with soap and water ASAP. If you were unfortunate enough to wear a white dress bleach it before you let it dry again.